NetDecision SNMP Packet Analyzer
NetDecision SNMP Packet Analyzer application decodes SNMP packets and displays them according to the ASN.1 (Abstract Syntax Notation One) BER (Basic Encoding Rules). The user can browse the packet elements down to any single detail in decoded ASN.1 tree. Clicking on any tree item will automatically highlight the corresponding area in the hexadecimal packet dump as well as in ASCII representation.
SNMP messages are displayed in raw hexadecimal dump format as well as in the decoded, human-readable format. In other words, the SNMP Packet Analyzer is very useful for debugging when developing SNMP agents and for resolving problems when MIB Browser cannot properly query an SNMP agent.
- Supports SNMPv1, SNMPv2C and SNMPv3
- Maximum granularity, the user can analyze the packet up to every single atomic element.
- Saves PDU traces to capture files or detail files
- Loads PDU traces from capture files
- Customizable look and feel (colors, fonts, etc)
- Builds ASN.1 tree
- Displays data in HEX and ASCII formats
- Prints data using RTF (colors, bolding)
- Integrated with NetDecision MIB Browser