The accelerated growth in the complexity and quantity of data and voice equipment at remote sites and branch offices has brought with it many new challenges that today’s service providers must meet.
Remote equipment sites can include cellular towers, microwave sites, broadband wireless towers, TV and radio towers, and other remote facilities. Equipment in these sites can include a diverse set of devices such as microwave transceivers, cellular transceivers, WiMAX transceivers, broadcast transceivers, PBX, routers, servers, power supplies, batteries, generators, and much more. Physical elements can include doors and windows, security equipment such as cameras, temperature, water, fire, chemicals, and many other environmental conditions.
The new and varied technology implemented at remote sites often exceeds the monitoring capabilities of traditional remote monitoring devices. Immediate and secure access has never been more of a concern, yet many older devices lack the required functionality, or they are too complicated to set up. For service providers with remote equipment sites that deliver network services, and managed service offerings for equipment located within customer offices, physical conditions and equipment failures are some of the major causes of unplanned network downtime. Service providers are becoming increasingly aware of the need to protect these vital, yet vulnerable sites. However, acquiring more devices, more complexity or more single capability solutions is not the answer. Bridging the gap between diverse remote equipment sites and the central NOC (NMS/OSS), by providing visibility through remote monitoring, access, control and security within a cohesive platform is required.
NetMechanica provides real-time visibility, secure access, and desktop control of remote equipment sites. Environmental extremes, equipment failures, and power loss threaten communication networks, yet many of these critical factors reside outside the scope of a centralized network management system.
NetMechanica delivers a single unifying platform to enable remote equipment sites and network management to be simplified, consolidated, more reliable, and more cost-effective. With unified and improved remote site monitoring, access, and control, service providers are able to run their critical networks more efficiently, while lowering their operational costs.
NetMechanica products are suitable for monitoring of the following sites:
- Cellular or WiMAX Base Transceiver Stations (BTS)
- Microwave Communications Sites
- Cable or DSL demarcation points
- Radio and TV Broadcast antenna sites
- Oil and Gas production facilities
- Utility company's communication networks
- Transportation entities (Highway or Rail) communication networks
- Military Locations
- Wind Power Locations
NetDecision Smart Agent from NetMechanica
NetMechanica offers comprehensive solutions for remotely monitoring, accessing, and controlling equipment in remote locations. Remote site monitoring solutions from NetMechanica plug into OSS solutions for remote equipment provisioning, monitoring, maintenance and support operations. NetMechanica enables service providers to monitor, manage, and update equipment in cellular towers, microwave sites, broadband wireless towers, and other remote facilities in support of network services, as well as for managing equipment located at remote customer offices. We deliver a single point of management through which remote administrators can monitor, access, and control SNMP-enabled or non-SNMP/non-networked equipment, monitor environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity, and manage related devices such as fans and security sensors.
The NetDecision Smart Agent software runs on enterprise grade embedded hardware devices that can be deployed at the remote sites, providing a powerful set of intelligent remote monitoring and remote device management and control features to help detect and prevent potential operational issues at your remote sites. The NetDecision remote device management controllers are scalable and affordable, easy to setup and use, and provide a variety of options for a complete in-band and out-of-band secure remote access solution. The NetDecision Smart Agent is a powerful, flexible and cost-effective choice for ISPs, WISPs, MSPs and network managers who need to monitor operational conditions and respond to potential or actual fault conditions rapidly before service interruptions occur.
The NetDecision Smart Agent is suitable for any size remote equipment cabinet or room; from the most modern small Base Transceiver Site (BTS) cabinets, to large server farm locations.
The NetDecision Smart Agent help you detect and control remote site factors such as non-networked, non-SNMP devices and environmental conditions which otherwise remain dangerously outside the scope of your network management system (NMS). The NetDecision Smart Agent enables you to easily integrate these elements into your NMS/OSS for a complete alarm management system solution. Additionally, the NetDecision Smart Agent gives you in-band and out-of-band remote access to remote telemetry for other devices located at your remote site. The NetDecision Smart Agent supports an on-board scripting language for use in customized applications.
Traditional network management systems fall short because they only work in-band, or over the main microwave backhaul connection. If that connection goes down, that site goes down, and no management data will be collected or reported. NMS also lacks the control and automation capabilities to correct problems without manual intervention. A costly support technician must still be dispatched to solve the problem, which can take many hours or even days, depending on the location and availability of technical expertise. Traditional in-band software solutions are limited due to their dependence on the underlying network being up and available in order to function. By contrast, existing out-of-band technologies, such as terminal and console servers, provide local access via serial connectivity to networked devices. However, they lack automated monitoring and management capabilities.
- 4 Serial Ports (RS-232, RS-485)
- On-board USB connectivity
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- CFast interface for extension boards
- Maximum 2 HDD (2’5 inches)
- 16 On-Board programmable General Purpose isolated I/O Channels
- Serial Alarm Monitoring
- Multi-line Alarm Support
- Powerful on-board scripting ability for customization for unique applications
- Custom Alarm Integration
- SNMP Trap Capture
- E-mail and SMS Notification
- Remote Management via SNMP
- Configurable User Security Profiles
- MD5/SHA Authentication
- AES/DES encryption
- Audit Logging
- Easy Custom Modification
- Easy-to-understand MIB works well with 3rd party SNMP managers, NMS and OSS
The NetDecision Smart Agent is well suited for two different applications:
- Remote Cabinet Monitoring and Remote Access- The Smart Agent can be used in remote cabinets or enclosures, from small BTS locations up to large walk-in enclosures. This device supports remote environmental monitoring, power monitoring from both AC and DC sources, generator fuel levels, fuse panels, and monitoring of inherently non-SNMP type equipment such as HVAC, UPS, etc. The device also supports remote access to a remote site via Ethernet, POTS, wireless modems (EDGE, GPRS, GSM). The Smart Agent is specifically designed to notify an SNMP software, but other methods of notification are also possible.
- Monitoring of Server Equipment Rooms - The Smart Agent can be used in network equipment rooms primarily for access control monitoring and environmental monitoring. The device supports access control monitoring and environmental monitoring over larger areas and within specific cabinets within a room. Common environmental factors monitored are temperature, humidity, water, smoke, entry, motion, and airflow. The Smart Agent can support power monitoring from both AC and DC sources. The Smart Agent is specifically designed to notify an SNMP software, but other methods of notification are also possible.
The NetDecision Smart Agent enables monitoring of any non-SNMP/non-networked equipment and provides remote access to such devices via SNMP. The Smart Agent supports any SMIv1 or SMIv2 compliant MIB files as well as full set of SNMPv1, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3 operations (Get / Get-Next / Get-Bulk / Set / Traps / Notifications).
The advanced customization can be done with ease using built-in script-based mechanism.
- Acts as SNMP proxy agent
- Supports monitoring of any RS-232/RS-485 devices
- Supports low-level GPIO monitoring and management (dry contacts)
- Supports monitoring of any TCP/UDP devices
- Supports WMI
- Supports Windows Services monitoring
- Supports syslog/eventlog monitoring
- Supports SNMP traps monitoring
- Supports FTP/TFTP monitoring
- Supports processes monitoring
- Supports file system monitoring
- Click and Go customization, tuning and deployment
- Complete SNMPv1, SNMPv2, SNMPv3 (full USM and VACM) support
- Complete MIB files support (SMIv1/SMIv2)
- Optional RDBMS storage for MIB values
- External ODBC database support
- Configurable SNMP Trap Generation
- Configurable notifications via email or SMS (including SMPP support)
- User-friendly graphical interface
- Can be started as Windows Service using NetDecision Service Manager
- Modern MS Office Look and Feel
- Customizable GUI
- Script-based customization
- SNMP PDU tracing
- SNMP SET custom handling for powerful equipment management
- Dynamic SNMP table rows creation/deletion with custom handling
- Audit logging
- Provides SNMP northbound interface to NMS/OSS
NetDecision Smart Agent runs on Vecow ARS-1000 embedded controller. The ARS-1000 series is fanless embedded automation controller equipped with Intel ® Atom™ D525 1M cache, 1.8GHz processor, 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 3 RS-232 and 1 RS-232/422/485, external accessible CFast, 5 USB, Isolated DIO, Mini PCIe socket, and supports wide range DC-IN 16 to 28 V. With fanless thermal, compact size, small footprint, and wide operating temperatures -20 ~ 70°C (-4 ~ 157°F), ARS-1000 series provides high performance, high versatility, and easy to install in field cabinets. For further expansion, ARS-1000 model supports PCI-104, ARS-1100 supports 1394a and PC/104+(ISA+PCI). In addition, ARS-1000 series supports programmable GPIO 16-step rotary switch and 4 mode/status LED displays, in order to provide more adaptability for various environment requests. The controller supports Windows XP Embedded, Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Intel® Atom™ D525 Processor (1MCache, 1.8GHz)
- Rugged, -20°C to 70°C Operation Temperature
- Fanless and Compact Form Factor
- Supports DC-IN Range from 16 to 28V
- External Accessible CFast Port
- 3 RS-232 and 1 RS-232/422/485 with Auto Flow Control
- PCI-104 Expansion
- Dual Display: VGA and 24-bit LVDS
- 5 USB, 2 Gigabit Ethernet Port, Isolated DIO
- Programmable GPIO 16-step rotary Switch
- Programmable LED Display 4 Mode/Status
- Onboard EPROM for Unique ID No.
- DIN-rail, Wall